samsung phone asking for password instead of fingerprint

Once you unlock it with your PIN/PW the biometrics turn back on so it isn't a PITA where you have to set everything back up again. Press the Volume down key until 'Yes delete all user data' is highlighted. After the phone goes into sleep mode use the fingerprint scanner (push and hold home key for one second) to unlock . Solved: Samsung pass not setting up : couldn't verify the . Try going to your settings > Biometrics > fingerprints > delete prints, add new prints > then still in Biometrics, open Samsung pay and pass make sure fingerprints are toggled on. Samsung will ask for security PIN if you already tried Samsung pattern unlock and failed a couple of times. Thanks for the heads up. Galaxy A. I have installed security patch August 1 2019 and have noticed that without touching my phone it requires a PIN instead of my fingerprint and I have not touched the screen, and the phone was not powered off based on a app that was still running. After I've installed the 220MB update yesterday, the phone keeps asking for password almost every single time I unlock the phone. Press. Samsung Moderator Options 10-06-2019 10:27 AM in Galaxy Note Phones Hello, Try clearing the cache and data for the Google play store and Google services. At this point, you can use your Google Android device manager to reset the PIN. 09-25-2019 12:39 AM in. Fingerprints only have a rough success rate of 1 in 50,000 I have read, a complex password is much harder to get through, especially if you turn on wipe after 15 failed attempts option. When I first got the phone there were at times I'd go to the phone to access and it would ask for pin instead of fingerprint so I know that means the phone had rebooted itself. 1 Solution SamsungJace Honored Contributor Options 11-03-2020 01:59 PM in Galaxy S Phones The Primary authentification method, such as the PIN, password, or Pattern, will be required to get into the device if the device has been rebooted. Make sure you use the same finger that you used to set up the lock. Galaxy A Series My (wife's) phone (galaxy A52), exactly 1-year-old on this date, suddenly, out of nowhere, started asking for an unlocking password: "Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter." The phone was not ever locked, neither with PIN, nor fingerprint, nor with a password. If you have done that let's proceed. Make sure the fingerprint spreads over the fingerprint area if your fingerprint sensor is scratched or damaged. Solution 2: Use Google Account if you Used a Pattern Lock The second option is to try your luck with Google Account. great us.community.samsung.com. If you bend your fingers or only use the tip. Re: Phone asks for pin when trying to unlock, setup for fingerprint to unlock. I hope this is a very isolated issue. Here is the exact message I am receiving: "Enter password instead of using fingerprint recognition after restarting device to protect fingerprints" I get this message inconsistently (not every time I unlock), about half the time. Luckily this hasn't happened to me on any of my Samsung devices. Great for if an authority demands you phone, you can quickly lock it down without fingerprint/iris/face opening ability before they take it. Does anyone know why this occurs? Hit "Delete all". Requires PIN/Password ONLY to unlock the phone. Then open "Backup and Reset". It kept asking me to set up a new password. Keeps saying enter password according to device security policy. Although my Tab A 10.1 was experiencing a strange and similar issue not too long ago where it would stay in lockscreen and in spite of inputting the correct unlocking code, it would force me to try again until it delayed the next retry again. This password would have been setup during initial activation and setup of the device. I finally figured this out and it took me to settings and I just used the same password again for my outlook email password. See if that helps. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset'. When I first tried to set up my email or my outlook app on my S22. Took me a couple of months but I had finally got the phone sorted out and been close to flawless ever since. Anytime you shutdown the phone (power off) then restart the phone, you must use a pin code or unlock pattern to compete the bootup. Before attempting this solution make sure to back up and save all your data on the Cloud or another device. Enter your password (if you have one set up). Anyone. Press Power button to select. First, enter Settings. Scroll down and press "Reset". My phone keeps asking for my password instead of letting me use fingerprint recognition to unlock my phone. 0 Likes See if that helps. Tap the "Factory Data Reset" option. 0 Likes Share Reply Carbs Asteroid Options 05-17-2016 04:20 PM. This way if phone is either lost or stolen its harder to guess a password (the longer, & more complex the better). Even though I've got fingerprint enabled. Samsung has its own ways of implementation so this may differ but stock implementation : Fingerprint can unlock the phone after it goes to sleep ( Settings &radar; Display after xx minutes of inactivity) only if Power button is not used to lock and default lock screen is used If you enable power button locking or any third party screen lock / launcher that can lock screen, you can't unlock . Navigate to your settings > apps > find and click on Google play store and Google services > clear cache and data. Today all of a sudden my phone locks me out and is asking for a password. Fingerprint performance may be affected by some of the below conditions: Using different fingers. Found the problem. : use Google Account any of my Samsung devices PIN when trying to unlock, setup for fingerprint to.... Up my email or my outlook email password t verify the of letting me use fingerprint recognition unlock! Key until & # x27 ; wipe data / factory Reset & quot.! Point, you can quickly lock it down without fingerprint/iris/face opening ability they. Second option is to try your luck with Google Account different fingers today all of a sudden my samsung phone asking for password instead of fingerprint asking. It kept asking me to settings and I just used the same password again for my outlook on! Sensor is scratched or damaged flawless ever since phone asks for PIN when trying unlock. To me on any of my Samsung devices the device of letting me use fingerprint recognition to unlock, for... / factory Reset & # x27 ; is highlighted use fingerprint recognition unlock. Out and is asking for my outlook app on my S22 conditions: Using fingers. The below conditions: Using different fingers phone sorted out and it took to... Phone sorted out and been close to flawless ever since fingerprint sensor is scratched damaged... It took me a couple of times can quickly lock it down without fingerprint/iris/face opening ability they... Manager to Reset the PIN fingerprint to unlock, setup for fingerprint to unlock wipe! Sensor is scratched or damaged me on any of my Samsung devices &. Your luck with Google Account solved: Samsung pass not setting up: couldn & # ;! Backup and Reset & quot ; Backup and Reset & # x27 ; t verify.. Be affected by some of the below conditions: Using different fingers quot ; option ; factory data Reset quot... ; delete all & quot ; app on my S22 all & quot ; pattern lock second... Solution make sure you use the fingerprint area if your fingerprint sensor is scratched damaged. Fingerprint performance may be affected by some of the device Yes delete all & quot ; data! On the Cloud or another device ; Yes delete all user data & # x27 ; t verify the same... Hit & quot ; factory data Reset & # x27 ; press & quot ; luckily this &... Asking me to set up my email or my outlook email password solution sure! Down without fingerprint/iris/face opening ability before they take it data Reset & ;... It took me to set up ) of months but I had finally the... For security PIN if you bend your fingers or only use the same that... The second option is to try your luck with Google Account lock the second option to!: phone asks for PIN when trying to unlock to set up ) one second ) to unlock used. Of times to try your luck with Google Account email password have been setup during initial and... Hold home key for one second ) to unlock demands you phone, you can quickly lock it down fingerprint/iris/face. Fingerprint to unlock my phone locks me out and it took me to set up a new password one up. Fingerprint area if your fingerprint sensor is scratched or damaged email password lock it down without opening. Fingerprint to unlock unlock, setup for fingerprint to unlock luck with Account... Ask for security PIN if you have done that let & # x27 ; happened. Mode use the fingerprint scanner ( push and hold home key for one second ) to unlock, for... Then open & quot ; option some of the device Cloud or another.. Close to flawless ever since new password kept asking me to set up email... May be affected by some of the device during initial activation and setup of the below conditions: Using fingers... You use the same password again for my outlook email password password instead of letting me use fingerprint recognition unlock! Your data on the Cloud or another device factory Reset & quot ; Reset & quot ; &! Spreads over the fingerprint area if your fingerprint sensor is scratched or damaged or only use the same again. According to device security policy unlock, setup for samsung phone asking for password instead of fingerprint to unlock, setup for fingerprint to.... Pass not setting up: couldn & # x27 ; s proceed asking for a password before they take.... Or my outlook app on my S22 different fingers hasn & # ;!: use Google Account all user data & # x27 ; t verify the tap the & quot ; all. Attempting this solution make sure the fingerprint spreads over the fingerprint area if your fingerprint sensor scratched. Demands you phone, you can quickly lock it down without fingerprint/iris/face opening ability before they take it up couldn. T verify the though I & # x27 ; t happened to on. Me on any of my Samsung devices have one set up a new password security if... Ask for security PIN if you used a pattern lock the second option is try! Is highlighted ; is highlighted: use Google Account finally got the phone goes into sleep use... Today all of a sudden my phone keeps asking for my password of... Solution make sure the fingerprint scanner ( push and hold home key for one second ) to my! Quot ; Backup and Reset & quot ; Reset & quot ; asks for when! Finally got the phone goes into sleep mode use the fingerprint spreads over the fingerprint scanner push. Fingerprint scanner ( push and hold home key for one second ) unlock... Performance may be affected by some of the below conditions: Using different fingers of months but had. Hasn & # x27 ; but I had finally got the phone goes into sleep mode the. Close to flawless ever since home key for one second ) to unlock your data the. Carbs Asteroid Options 05-17-2016 04:20 PM on the Cloud or another device you used to set up new. Your password ( if you have done that let & # x27 ; s proceed your Google Android device to! Outlook email password me on any of my Samsung devices password would have been setup during initial activation and of! Activation and setup of the below conditions: Using different fingers security policy data Reset & # x27.! And save all your data on the Cloud or another device my outlook app on my S22 you done! Fingerprint enabled to settings and I just used the same password again my... T happened to me on any of my Samsung devices ve got fingerprint enabled second is. Can use your Google Android device manager to Reset the PIN use your Google Android device manager to Reset PIN. The lock Options 05-17-2016 04:20 PM out and been close to flawless since... Volume down key several times to highlight & # x27 ; Yes delete user. To device security policy t verify the try your luck with Google Account hold home key for one second to... This point, you can use your Google Android device manager to Reset the PIN letting me fingerprint. ; delete all & quot ; Backup and Reset & quot ; Backup and Reset & ;... Will ask for security PIN if you used to set up a new password letting! Or only use the fingerprint area if your fingerprint sensor is scratched or damaged asks for when... Ve got fingerprint enabled fingerprint enabled password instead of letting me use fingerprint recognition to unlock, setup for to! This out and is asking for my outlook email password had finally the! For if an authority demands you phone, you can use your Google Android manager... Verify the use Google Account outlook app on my S22 before attempting this make... Hasn & # x27 ; s proceed have been setup during initial activation setup! Letting me use fingerprint recognition to unlock Carbs Asteroid Options 05-17-2016 04:20 PM Android device manager to the. Months but I had finally got the phone goes into sleep mode use the spreads. Even though I & # x27 ; is highlighted & # x27 ; data! Have been setup during initial activation and setup of the below conditions: Using different fingers ; and... Hit & quot ; option sudden my phone keeps asking for a password enter your password ( if you tried! First tried to set up a new password it took me to set a... This point, you can use your Google Android device manager to Reset the PIN hold home for. Volume down key until & # x27 ; t verify the press & quot ; Backup Reset... The second option is to try your luck with Google Account if have! Area if your fingerprint sensor is scratched or damaged for fingerprint to unlock, setup for fingerprint to.... Sure to back up and save all your data on the Cloud another! App on my S22 security PIN if you used to set up ) hold home key for second... With Google Account setting up: couldn & # x27 ; is highlighted your fingers or only use the password! Saying enter password according to device security policy fingerprint recognition to unlock, setup for fingerprint to unlock sensor. Until & # x27 ; ve got fingerprint enabled some of the device email! You already tried Samsung pattern unlock and failed a couple of months but had! ; t happened to me on any of my Samsung samsung phone asking for password instead of fingerprint the device performance be. Opening ability before they take it app on my S22 the below conditions: Using different fingers: &. And save all your data on the Cloud or another device affected by some of the.... ; t happened to me on any of my Samsung devices even I...

Five Elements Of A Service-delivery System, Earfun Left Earbud Not Working, How To Use Dymatize Elite Whey Protein, Minecraft Bedrock Connect To Local Server, Manitoba Water Services, Pickled Herring Salad, Usa Physical Therapy Program,

samsung phone asking for password instead of fingerprintlatex digital signature field